making a difference
Senn Delaney gives back to positively impact the world and inspire leaders
Senn Delaney has a long history of supporting purposeful philanthropic
causes. Being involved in community service is an important way for our
team to fulfill on our purpose to positively impact the world and
inspire leaders. Giving back is deeply ingrained in our firm's culture
and rooted in our values.
“We are a values-driven organization
and one of those values focuses on us giving back to the community,”
says Senn Delaney CEO Jim Hart. “It is a leadership responsibility to
set that stage, and we support and encourage our people to give back in
any number of ways. What I am most proud of is that our people give of
their time. We also provide pro bono work to some clients each year in
the non-profit space who have leadership and cultural issues in their
own organizations.”Watch our making a difference video
How we are making a difference in the world
The spirit of volunteerism is lived every day by our employees and consultants all over the globe. Our core Making a Difference community service team of volunteers works to effectively coordinate our efforts and maximize our impact on the world. We are making a positive impact through a number of programs we support, including:
- sponsoring a team of employees and their family members who participate in an annual 5k/10k walk-run event to raise funds to benefit Children Today, one of only three accredited preschools in the world solely serving homeless children
- collecting and donating school supplies to Children Today for school children experiencing homelessness
- holding a professional clothing drive for Dress for Success (and its partners) to help disadvantaged men and women to create a professional image for the career world
- donating computer equipment to the Long Beach Rescue Mission for its vocational program to provide job skills to homeless adults, and to Entrepreneurs4Change to support its mission to magnetize, educate, finance and nurture entrepreneurs who seek to address pressing social issues
- volunteering to serve dinner to hundreds of needy people each week at the Long Beach Rescue Mission
- collecting paperbacks for Operation Paperback and shipping them to U.S. troops overseas to help them “escape into a good book"
- working on a Habitat for Humanity build site to refurbish a home in Long Beach
- donating funds through our annual awards program to several organizations, including: Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Wounded Warrior Project, Kids Company, St. Jude's Research Hospital, Long Beach Rescue Mission, Children Today, Save the Children and That Others May Live
“Whatever we're called to do, we strive to give back in every way we can,” says Senn Delaney Controller John Ortega, who helped create the Making a Difference team and serves as its lead organizer. “It's fun and it also connects to our purpose. People give of themselves freely and the return is a thousand-fold. Every little bit helps in changing the world and leaving it a better place.”
Senn Delaney Chairman Dr. Larry Senn not only advocates giving back, he leads by example. Most recently, he worked alongside our Long Beach office staff volunteers who participated in a day of house refurbishment for Habitat for Humanity.
“Our whole existence is about making a difference in all kinds of ways, not just with clients and in organizations, but in communities. We are the message; we need to live the values. By giving back, we are casting that shadow of giving and teaching that lesson that this is something we do in life; we give back.” Spirit of Volunteerism award
The Making a Difference community service team was honored in April, 2012 as an outstanding community volunteer team by One OC, a full-service, non-profit resource center that provides volunteer, training, consulting and business services to Orange County non-profit organizations to help them realize their full potential. Senn Delaney was once again a proud sponsor of The One OC Spirit of Volunteerism Award luncheon that recognizes individual, group and corporate team volunteers for their dedicated service to Orange County.